Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  [solved] ObiFluidRenderingFeature is not selectable

Hi.
I am still have an issue with adding ObiFluidRenderingFeature to my test project.
As you can see in the attached image, my project has obi fluid package installed and the ObiFluidRenderingFeature in its assets folder.
When I click the "Add Render Feature " in ForwardRenderer asset, "Render Object (Experimental)" is listed and ObiFuildRenderingFeature is not there so I cannot add it to the renderer.
If you have any idea about what is causing this issue, let me know, please.

Unity 2019.4.11.f1
Obi Fluid 5.6

Just FYI., with Unity 2019.4.5.f1, I have managed adding the feature to its renderer but I remember that I had struggled a similar issue and the feature had never been listed before my several attempts. There may be some kind of trigger that let the unity find the ObiFluidRenderFeature is in the project but unfortunately I have no idea...
(30-10-2020, 06:48 AM)Snail921 Wrote: Hi.
I am still have an issue with adding ObiFluidRenderingFeature to my test project.
As you can see in the attached image, my project has obi fluid package installed and the ObiFluidRenderingFeature in its assets folder.
When I click the "Add Render Feature " in ForwardRenderer asset, "Render Object (Experimental)" is listed and ObiFuildRenderingFeature is not there so I cannot add it to the renderer.
If you have any idea about what is causing this issue, let me know, please.

Unity 2019.4.11.f1
Obi Fluid 5.6

Just FYI., with Unity 2019.4.5.f1, I have managed adding the feature to its renderer but I remember that I had struggled a similar issue and the feature had never been listed before my several attempts. There may be some kind of trigger that let the unity find the ObiFluidRenderFeature is in the project but unfortunately I have no idea...

Hi,

Short answer: Make sure you have the minimal required URP version installed (7.4.1), as per the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html

(I've recently recolored the message box that warns about this, it's now red instead of blue to make it pop up more)

Long answer:
If you open up ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs, you'll see a precompiler directive at the top:
Code:
#if UNITY_2019_2_OR_NEWER && SRP_UNIVERSAL

This means the entire ObiFluidRendererFeature file won't be compiled (hence won't appear in the dropdown) if either Unity is below 2019.2, or SRP_UNIVERSAL is not defined. SRP_UNIVERSAL is defined by the Obi assembly definition file (/Obi/Scripts/Obi.asmdef), as:

if (com.unity.render-pipelines.universal) >= 7.4.1, define SRP_UNIVERSAL

So: if we're in Unity < 2019.2 or if URP 7.4.1 or up is not installed, ObiFluidRendererFeature won't be available.

The reason for this version limitation is that around URP 7.4.1, shadow mapping was completely reimplemented (so that it's no longer garbage Guiño), and we had to choose between supporting the old shadow mapping or the new, much improved shadow mapping.
(30-10-2020, 08:55 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Short answer: Make sure you have the minimal required URP version installed (7.4.1), as per the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ering.html

(I've recently recolored the message box that warns about this, it's now red instead of blue to make it pop up more)

Long answer:
If you open up ObiFluidRendererFeature.cs, you'll see a precompiler directive at the top:
Code:
#if UNITY_2019_2_OR_NEWER && SRP_UNIVERSAL

This means the entire ObiFluidRendererFeature file won't be compiled (hence won't appear in the dropdown) if either Unity is below 2019.2, or SRP_UNIVERSAL is not defined. SRP_UNIVERSAL is defined by the Obi assembly definition file (/Obi/Scripts/Obi.asmdef), as:

if (com.unity.render-pipelines.universal) >= 7.4.1, define SRP_UNIVERSAL

So: if we're in Unity < 2019.2 or if URP 7.4.1 or up is not installed, ObiFluidRendererFeature won't be available.

The reason for this version limitation is that around URP 7.4.1, shadow mapping was completely reimplemented (so that it's no longer garbage Guiño), and we had to choose between supporting the old shadow mapping or the new, much improved shadow mapping.

Thank you Jose.
The short answer is indeed the perfect help and the long answer is more than perfect answer for me to understand what the things are going.
Thank you so much for your quick and accurate help as always.