Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 fps with only 1 softbody meshes
Triste 
Hi! I'm updating my project to latest obi and unity, and the newest version has way worse performance than it had before.

In my scene I just have a softbody object with the mesh of a torus with 2160 vertices (1512 tris), the static dragon environment with obi collider and 4 poles with just obi collider (and box collider) made with the barrel meshes.

With a previous version (dunno exactly the version right now) I reached 120 fps in this exact scene and project configuration (Max particle timestep 0.004) and now i drops to 2-3fps with Oni backend. Burst compiler completely freezes Unity 2020.1.7f1 + latest Burst (1.3.7) + latest jobs (0.5.0 preview 14). Same issue I had with Obi rope.

Obi distance Field colliders are completely ignored independently of the input mesh and setup in the SO. Collisions are not applied at all.

I can't send the project, but the torus itself.

Edit: The FPS are estimated in Editor. Build crashes with Burst, but Oni backend gets 60fps.
There's definitely something wrong going on, as I can't get to reproduce this in any Unity version, and have had no similar reports. Distance fields and collisions should work fine, Burst shouldn't crash, etc.

The drops to 2-3 fps could be justified by death spiralling given just how small your timestep is (check in the profiler that FixedUpdate isn't being called many times per frame), but that's as far as I can explain any of this behavior.

Are you able to reproduce this by creating a fresh project, and importing Obi?