Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesh.boneWeights is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as th
Triste 
Hello!

I have this error in unity 2019.4.8f1:

Quote:Mesh.boneWeights is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.vertices array.
UnityEngine.MeshConfundidoet_boneWeights(BoneWeight[])
Obi.ObiSoftbodySkinner:AppendBoneWeights() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs:288)
Obi.ObiSoftbodySkinner:CreateBones() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs:83)
Obi.ObiSoftbodySkinner:UpdateBones(ObiActor) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs:137)
Obi.ObiActor:Interpolate() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Actors/ObiActor.cs:1012)
Obi.ObiSoftbody:Interpolate() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Actors/ObiSoftbody.cs:243)
Obi.ObiSolver:Interpolate(Single, Single) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1512)
Obi.ObiUpdater:Interpolate(Single, Single) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:115)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater:Update() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:79)

What i must do, for fix it?
(15-09-2020, 03:49 PM)zudva Wrote: Hello!

I have this error in unity 2019.4.8f1:

What i must do, for fix it?

Hi,

By the looks of it, the amount of bone weights and mesh vertices in your mesh does not match. Make sure you've hit the "bind skin" button after generating the blueprint for your softbody, as stated in the manual.

If that does not seem to fix it, can you specify what steps you've followed that resulted in this error?
(15-09-2020, 04:06 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

By the looks of it, the amount of bone weights and mesh vertices in your mesh does not match. Make sure you've hit the "bind skin" button after generating the blueprint for your softbody, as stated in the manual.

If that does not seem to fix it, can you specify what steps you've followed that resulted in this error?

josemendez

Hi,

Thank you! 

I repeat all step in tutorial from you site. All ok with models physics work.

Now i have this error for Rigidbody:

Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5.
If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Obi Solver Rigtangle/rigtangle 1/pCube2-1", Mesh asset path "Assets/Mesh/square_1538.obj" Mesh name "pCube1"
UnityEngine.Physics:Simulate(Single)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:66)

This bug, yes?
Hi zudva,

This is not a bug in Obi or Unity. As the message says, Unity does not support concave mesh colliders in non-kinematic rigidbodies.

Either make the meshcollider convex, or the rigidbody kinematic.
(16-09-2020, 02:47 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi zudva,

This is not a bug in Obi or Unity. As the message says, Unity does not support concave mesh colliders in non-kinematic rigidbodies.

Either make the meshcollider convex, or the rigidbody kinematic.

Ok, thank you!

You right.

Please, say about this Error:

Quote:The referenced script (Obi.BurstColliderWorld) on this Behaviour is missing!

Quote:The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'BurstCollisionWorld') is missing!

I take two Empty Objects ( BurstCollisionWorld and OniCollisionWorld) in you Sample Project ( in "DeformableBarrels" project ). On start i have Error for this scripts. Scripts in folder. 
   OniCollisionWorld work fine.

I install Burst  in package manager. 

Then i create new Empty Object and add Script "BurstColliderWorld", i have more error in Unity 3d with you Backends.

Why i have this Error?
(16-09-2020, 05:42 PM)zudva Wrote: Ok, thank you!

You right.

Please, say about this Error:

I take two Empty Objects ( BurstCollisionWorld and OniCollisionWorld) in you Sample Project ( in "DeformableBarrels" project ). On start i have Error for this scripts. Scripts in folder. 
   OniCollisionWorld work fine.

I install Burst  in package manager. 

Then i create new Empty Object and add Script "BurstColliderWorld", i have more error in Unity 3d with you Backends.

Why i have this Error?

I’m not entirely sure I understand the steps you describe, but OniCollisionWorld and ObiCollisionWorld are automatically created/destroyed by the solvers. They shouldn’t be manually added/removed.
(16-09-2020, 06:46 PM)josemendez Wrote: I’m not entirely sure I understand the steps you describe, but OniCollisionWorld and ObiCollisionWorld are automatically created/destroyed by the solvers. They shouldn’t be manually added/removed.

When i use Burst, i have this error:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16-09-2020, 06:54 PM)zudva Wrote: When i use Burst, i have this error:

Install the latest versions of Burst, Collections and Jobs packages, as the message says. For more details see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

Note that using the Burst backend is entirely optional. The simulation will run exactly the same in either backend.
(16-09-2020, 09:52 PM)josemendez Wrote: Install the latest versions of Burst, Collections and Jobs packages, as the message says. For more details see: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

Note that using the Burst backend is entirely optional. The simulation will run exactly the same in either backend.

Thank you! All work done!