Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can Obi do this?
Hi,

I'm interested in using Obi Cloth for a project I am working on, however, I'd like to know if it will actually help me with what I'm aiming to do.

In the attached image, I have two submeshes. I've stored multiple vertex pairs (linked with the white gizmo lines). I would like to apply a force to individual vertices that move each pair of linked vertices towards each other in a way that is physically simulated so that it fits realistically around the cylinder, with the linked edges behaving like seams. 

Otherwise, I also noticed a 'balloons' feature. If I placed the two meshes flat against each other and connected them, would I be able to balloon around the cylinder?

If it's possible to achieve this outcome this way, I would love to know. If there's a better/supported way to achieve this too, please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
Jordan
Hi Jordan,

Quote:In the attached image, I have two submeshes. I've stored multiple vertex pairs (linked with the white gizmo lines). I would like to apply a force to individual vertices that move each pair of linked vertices towards each other in a way that is physically simulated so that it fits realistically around the cylinder, with the linked edges behaving like seams. 

This is what ObiStitcher does. It takes two cloth actors and a list of particle pairs, then stitches them together. The result is pretty much what you describe.

Quote:Otherwise, I also noticed a 'balloons' feature. If I placed the two meshes flat against each other and connected them, would I be able to balloon around the cylinder?

Nope. Balloons (volume constraints) rely on having a single closed mesh. A lengthy preprocess is done on meshes to ensure they have no holes before applying volume constraints to them. You can't stitch two meshes and inflate the result, as there's no guarantee at runtime that the stitched mesh (mesh1+mesh2) will contain no holes.

kind regards,
Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. That's perfect, definitely what I was looking for.

Kind regards,
Jordan
(14-09-2020, 01:07 PM)JordanTama Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. That's perfect, definitely what I was looking for.

Kind regards,
Jordan

See the RuntimeCloth sample scene. It generates the meshes and cloth blueprints at runtime, and stitches them together. Let me know if you need any help with it Sonrisa.