Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDRP Editing Particles
Pregunta 
In Blueprint Edit mode for the softbody,  (Visualization > Render mode) the particles are not visible in HDRP.
Is HDRP supported? The physics work, but the editing is difficult without a visual representation of the particles.
(09-09-2020, 01:31 PM)StudioTatsu Wrote: In Blueprint Edit mode for the softbody,  (Visualization > Render mode) the particles are not visible in HDRP.
Is HDRP supported? The physics work, but the editing is difficult without a visual representation of the particles.

The preview particle shader currently does not support HDRP, but we're working on it. Progress is just really slow due to the lack of any real documentation on HDRP shader writing.
If it helps, I can quickly throw together a simple version that draws the particle silhouette with basic lambert directional light. At least that would allow for better visualization.

Will post it here once done.
(09-09-2020, 02:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: If it helps, I can quickly throw together a simple version that draws the particle silhouette with basic lambert directional light. At least that would allow for better visualization.

That will be great. 
There's no rush - I'm still trying to figure out HDRP as well.

Thanks
(09-09-2020, 02:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: If it helps, I can quickly throw together a simple version that draws the particle silhouette with basic lambert directional light. At least that would allow for better visualization.

I use Obi Cloth for cloth simulation. would you like to quickly rush a simple version that supports HDRP. I used HDRP rendering pipeline for high quality renderer. Thank You!
(15-09-2020, 04:48 AM)feixiaku Wrote: I use Obi Cloth for cloth simulation. would you like to quickly rush a simple version that supports HDRP. I used HDRP rendering pipeline for high quality renderer. Thank You!

Hi,

Cloth simulation already supports HDRP as it does not perform any custom rendering, only part that does not is the particle renderer used in one of the blueprint editor visualization modes. I'm working on a quick fix for that.
Here's the workaround:

Replace ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs with the attached one. This will render particles in the editor as a black silhouette, to render them as white spheres with lambertian lighting, open up ParticleShader.shader and replace this line:

Code:
fo.color.rgb = i.color * (_LightColor0 * ndotl * atten + amb);

with this:

Code:
fo.color.rgb = i.color * (ndotl + amb);

that should do it.

Attached Files
.cs   ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs (Size: 15.56 KB / Downloads: 9)
(15-09-2020, 11:29 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Cloth simulation already supports HDRP as it does not perform any custom rendering, only part that does not is the particle renderer used in one of the blueprint editor visualization modes. I'm working on a quick fix for that.

Hi,

yes, Obi cloth supports HDRP project,  but when I enter edit blueprint mode, I chang Visuallization Render mode into Mesh mode, the mesh didn't show.  Also, I cann't select all particles。 but when I create a blueprint in Build-in pipeline, I can use the blueprint in HDRP. but I also can't edit the blueprint that i created in Build-In pipeline. 

Unity version: 2019.4..4f1 / 2019.4.10f1
Obi Cloth: 5.5

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

Have you tried the workaround described above in this post, for particles?

The mesh renders fine for me in HDRP, the shader used for it is pretty simple (flat per-vertex colors) so it should work in any pipeline. What HDRP version are you using?
(28-10-2020, 11:13 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Have you tried the workaround described above in this post, for particles?

The mesh renders fine for me in HDRP, the shader used for it is pretty simple (flat per-vertex colors) so it should work in any pipeline. What HDRP version are you using?

I use HDRP version 7.4.3.  could you give me a e-mail, so, I can send a video that start from creating a HDRP project, then import OBI cloth. The Attachment limit 100Kb.

Thank you!