Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  [5.5] Simulation differences between backends
Hello,

I'm running into issues where my cloth rig behaves differently between Oni backend and the new Burst, which we want to use for our project going forward thanks to the increased multi-platform support.

Below is a gif showing the difference,
https://ibb.co/L0BrQ4p

running on:
Unity 2020.1.2f1
Burst 1.3.5
Jobs 0.5.0-Preview.14
Collections 0.12.0-preview.13
Mathematics 1.2.1

I'm wondering if there's any known bugs or differences between the 2 backends that I should be aware of

I'll update this thread as I find things out
Hi there!

There should be no differences in functionality or behavior between the two backends, and none has been reported before. Would it be possible for you to share this setup with me so that I can take a look at it? Send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com if possible. Thanks!
Hey there, thanks for the quick update, let me see if I can create a minimal repro that would allow me to demonstrate this without having to import a lot of our code base.
The setup we use is assembled at run time to an extent so getting a snapshot of it might be a little difficult.

However, update:
I have managed to significantly reduce the effect in the OP by modifying properties of individual particles that visibly "collapse" in that gif.
I've zero'd out the Skin Compliance which have put the simulation much closer in line to what I've seen in Oni backend. 

I'll get a repro-project running as soon as I can and mail it to you directly.
Dedo arriba 
(03-09-2020, 02:57 PM)ThoughtMango Wrote: Hey there, thanks for the quick update, let me see if I can create a minimal repro that would allow me to demonstrate this without having to import a lot of our code base.
The setup we use is assembled at run time to an extent so getting a snapshot of it might be a little difficult.

However, update:
I have managed to significantly reduce the effect in the OP by modifying properties of individual particles that visibly "collapse" in that gif.
I've zero'd out the Skin Compliance which have put the simulation much closer in line to what I've seen in Oni backend. 

I'll get a repro-project running as soon as I can and mail it to you directly.

Thanks!