Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Selected blueprint particles not showing in inspector
Using Unity 2019.4.9f1

Obi cloth 5.5

I am following along the flag tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auO01Cjx...JQ&index=1

I use demo cloth mesh, and when I click "Edit" button after generating the inspector goes blank which doesn't happen in the tutorial. I reselect blueprint in project view and it shows the blueprint editor inspector.

I can turn particles orange with the brush but the inspector still says "No particles selected. Click and drag over particles to select them."

When I click "done" I get this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Obi.ObiActorBlueprintEditor.ExitBlueprintEditMode () (at Assets/Obi/Editor/Common/Blueprints/ObiActorBlueprintEditor.cs:229)

UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
Hi there,

I'm unable to reproduce this behavior, generating cloth and entering edit mode works fine for me. Do you see any errors in the console after clicking "Generate", but before entering edit mode?
I got it to work correctly by locking the inspector before clicking edit button. Otherwise the inspector seems to lose connection to the blueprint, cant select or change brush size or anything and throws that error.
Weird :/. Once you click edit mode, the inspector should automatically be locked. When you click the edit button, Unity should ask you to save your currently open scene if needed, then it immediately locks the inspector. Excerpt from the editor code:

Code:
EnterBlueprintEditMode(){

void EnterBlueprintEditMode()
        {
            if (!isEditing)
            {
                if (EditorSceneManager.SaveCurrentModifiedScenesIfUserWantsTo())
                {
                    // lock the inspector:
                    ActiveEditorTracker.sharedTracker.isLocked = true;

[...]
}