Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to obtain Stright rope
Hi! I have a doubt regarding the stright of a rope.

I'm trying to create a stright rope between two rigidbodies. So once I start the game I want that rope to has it's "max" length, the issue is that when I press play button the rope always falls (in its middle part) a little bit to the ground so I never get the stright rope that I want. What are the best parameters to modify in order to obtain that behaviour? Both rigidbies have a mass of 1 and the rope is composed by 2 control points of mass 0.1.

ObiSolver has:
Dampoing: 0.9
ShockPropagation: 0
MaxAnisotropy: 3

The ObiFixedUpdater has the Substeps set to 1.

Regards!
(26-08-2020, 12:18 PM)flaurens Wrote: Hi! I have a doubt regarding the stright of a rope.

I'm trying to create a stright rope between two rigidbodies. So once I start the game I want that rope to has it's "max" length, the issue is that when I press play button the rope always falls (in its middle part) a little bit to the ground so I never get the stright rope that I want. What are the best parameters to modify in order to obtain that behaviour? Both rigidbies have a mass of 1 and the rope is composed by 2 control points of mass 0.1.

ObiSolver has:
Dampoing: 0.9
ShockPropagation: 0
MaxAnisotropy: 3

The ObiFixedUpdater has the Substeps set to 1.

Regards!

Hi,

Just use more substeps, or more distance constraint iterations. What you see is spurious elasticity, due to the simulation not fully converging in a single step. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...gence.html