Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  ObiRope Thickness Scale Problem
Hi everyone,
ı am using ObiRope in my project. ı have some problem with thickness scale. The way ı use rope is that firstly ı am changing the rope length then make it's invmass zero so rope become like drawing. But sometimes rope's thickness scale and rope section change undesirable way. Do you know the reason? I added screen shots to attachments.
Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(26-08-2020, 11:39 AM)yusufer Wrote: Hi everyone,
ı am using ObiRope in my project. ı have some problem with thickness scale. The way ı use rope is that firstly ı am changing the rope length then make it's invmass zero so rope become like drawing. But sometimes rope's thickness scale and rope section change undesirable way. Do you know the reason? I added screen shots to attachments.
Thank you

Hi,

Chances are you have two overlapping particles. This will botch up parallel transport (the method used to determine frame rotation in absence of per-particle orientations), since it relies on the direction between each consecutive pair of particles to propagate an initial frame orientation along the mesh. If the particles are at the exact same point, this direction is zero, and there's no way to determine correct orientation for the mesh.

Just make sure you don't have two particles at the *exact* same position. This should not happen during regular simulation, anyways.