Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbody Collision issue!
Exclamación 
Hello,

I have an issue with the softbody object that didn't collide correctly with other softbody or with obi collider surfaces, is the collision happen based on the particles or based on the bounds of the object? because I see that the system is considering the object as a cube even if it has some edges and empty areas!

Thank you,
(24-08-2020, 04:17 PM)Kifwat Wrote: Hello,

I have an issue with the softbody object that didn't collide correctly with other softbody or with obi collider surfaces, is the collision happen based on the particles or based on the bounds of the object? because I see that the system is considering the object as a cube even if it has some edges and empty areas!

Thank you,

How have you come to the conclusion that the system considers it as a cube, if no collision response is taking place?

Collision detection in Obi is always performed at the particle level. The bounds are completely ignored as far as collision response is concerned.
(24-08-2020, 04:28 PM)josemendez Wrote: How have you come to the conclusion that the system considers it as a cube, if no collision response is taking place?

The collision already happen, check the attached gif, as you can see the two pieces collide, but they collide as two cubes.

https://giphy.com/gifs/fw2EQu9YHvRegCj44w
(24-08-2020, 07:25 PM)Kifwat Wrote: The collision already happen, check the attached gif, as you can see the two pieces collide, but they collide as two cubes.

https://giphy.com/gifs/fw2EQu9YHvRegCj44w

Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to them, so you can visualize the particles. It might be that they are just too big Gran sonrisa. In that case, tesselate your pieces so that they have a few more vertices, and make the particles smaller so that they approximate the shape of the pieces better.
(25-08-2020, 08:12 AM)josemendez Wrote: Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to them, so you can visualize the particles. It might be that they are just too big Gran sonrisa. In that case, tesselate your pieces so that they have a few more vertices, and make the particles smaller so that they approximate the shape of the pieces better.

All right, thank you

Another issue Triste , when editing the blueprint, I can't select the particles, I click and drag but nothing is selected, the only working way is to select all the particles, is this a common bug? and how can I select just the particles I want?
(25-08-2020, 03:43 PM)Kifwat Wrote: All right, thank you

Another issue Triste , when editing the blueprint, I can't select the particles, I click and drag but nothing is selected, the only working way is to select all the particles, is this a common bug? and how can I select just the particles I want?

Hi there,

There's no known bug that causes this, no other users have reported anything similar, to the best of my knowledge. You should be able to select particles just fine. Can you give more details? What kind of blueprint is this (surface or volumetric)? do you see any errors pop up in the console?

Edit: Make sure you don't have culling enabled, or that your object normals are pointing inside. In this case, you won't be able to select any particles because they're facing away from the camera.