Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force re-generation of the cloth by script
Hi there,

I have read that Obi Cloth is not compatible with blendshapes. Because blend shapes change the "rest state" of the cloth, that would involve re-generating the cloth from scratch every time the blend factors change which is very expensive.

But, in our project we have a mannequin that changes their blendshapes only one time.
Is there a way to force the re-generation of the cloth by script, even if is expensive?

We are using Obi Cloth 5.3 on Unity 2019.3.3f1

Thanks in advance!

PD: Can I ask you the questions in spanish?
(19-08-2020, 05:57 AM)nexar Wrote: Hi there,

I have read that Obi Cloth is not compatible with blendshapes. Because blend shapes change the "rest state" of the cloth, that would involve re-generating the cloth from scratch every time the blend factors change which is very expensive.

But, in our project we have a mannequin that changes their blendshapes only one time.
Is there a way to force the re-generation of the cloth by script, even if is expensive?

We are using Obi Cloth 5.3 on Unity 2019.3.3f1

Thanks in advance!

PD: Can I ask you the questions in spanish?

Hi there!

Sure, you can call the cloth blueprint's Generate() couroutine and have it regenerated at runtime in a few seconds. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ctors.html

PD: Claro, puedes preguntar en español, pero en ese caso mejor escribe a support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com para que el resto de miembros del foro no se queden así:  Huh  Gran sonrisa un saludo!
(19-08-2020, 08:56 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

Sure, you can call the cloth blueprint's Generate() couroutine and have it regenerated at runtime in a few seconds. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ctors.html

PD: Claro, puedes preguntar en español, pero en ese caso mejor escribe a support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com para que el resto de miembros del foro no se queden así:  Huh  Gran sonrisa un saludo!

Thank you for your advice! We have sent you an e-mail in Spanish with the following questions, about how to copy every particle's properties from the original Blueprint to the new Blueprint generated from the baked Mesh.

Gran sonrisa