Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope as Cable
Hey, I have a problem with attaching rope between 2 objects. It should work as cable so there is device on one end and plug on the other. I added 2 "Obi Particle Attachment" component to my rope and setuped it that near Device is static and near plug is Dynamic. I put contraint in Obi Solver so it wont stretch to much. And it works decent. Only problem I have is that when I pick up device and plug is flying in air then that obi rope is detaching and following a plug. Logic behind it works coz plug doesn't drop on ground and looks like it's rope is keeping it in contrained distance but rope is detaching it self visualy from the plug.

Is there any work around with that? I was trying to put one Attachment on particle group closer to plug on static and on a bit fruther the rope dynamic but then plug isnt draged by rope.
(14-08-2020, 08:58 AM)Marev Wrote: Hey, I have a problem with attaching rope between 2 objects. It should work as cable so there is device on one end and plug on the other. I added 2 "Obi Particle Attachment" component to my rope and setuped it that near Device is static and near plug is Dynamic. I put contraint in Obi Solver so it wont stretch to much. And it works decent. Only problem I have is that when I pick up device and plug is flying in air then that obi rope is detaching and following a plug. Logic behind it works coz plug doesn't drop on ground and looks like it's rope is keeping it in contrained distance but rope is detaching it self visualy from the plug.

Is there any work around with that? I was trying to put one Attachment on particle group closer to plug on static and on a bit fruther the rope dynamic but then plug isnt draged by rope.

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your question... the issue is that the rope is detaching itself from the plug?