Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webGL support?
Hi,

Does OBI support webGL? Actually, I have tried every workaround for a long time, but it doesn't work. I am getting an error like that: "An error occured running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
uncaught exception: abort("To use dlopen, you need to use Emscripten's linking support)".

Lastly, I have disabled all the plugins that I used step by step to check which one causing to the error, and I saw that without OBI package everything works fine Triste

Is there any solution for now? or will OBI Fluid support webGL in the upcoming versions?. It's a very important issue for me, thanks for your support.
(01-12-2017, 10:35 PM)mimarilker Wrote: Hi,

Does OBI support webGL? Actually, I have tried every workaround for a long time, but it doesn't work. I am getting an error like that: "An error occured running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
uncaught exception: abort("To use dlopen, you need to use Emscripten's linking support)".

Lastly, I have disabled all the plugins that I used step by step to check which one causing to the error, and I saw that without OBI package everything works fine Triste

Is there any solution for now? or will OBI Fluid support webGL in the upcoming versions?. It's a very important issue for me, thanks for your support.

Hi,

WebGL does not support threads, so Obi (being a heavily multithreaded library) does not and will never be able to work there.  Triste The supported platforms are specified in the asset description and in the F.A.Q. section of the webpage, where it is also mentioned that some platforms such as WebGL are unable to support multithreaded libraries.

cheers,
(03-12-2017, 06:54 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

WebGL does not support threads, so Obi (being a heavily multithreaded library) does not and will never be able to work there.  Triste The supported platforms are specified in the asset description and in the F.A.Q. section of the webpage, where it is also mentioned that some platforms such as WebGL are unable to support multithreaded libraries.

cheers,

Thanks for your reply, when I was searching I found a webpage on this issue. You may check the link: https://medium.com/@szulc/use-threads-we...68a86a9c54