Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Fluid Tunneling Issue
Hi!
I tried using Obi Fluid in my VR project, but i encounter quite big issue with moving my mug around with VR Controllers. When i try to fastly rotate my mug, the fluid inside is getting out through it's side. Mug got Mesh Collider on it, i tried with distance fields, i've tried to increase thickness of Obi Collider to, but with no success.

I'm sure i move my object with velocity, angular velocity goes up to 7-8, and its when the problem occurs.

Can you give me a hand with that?

Thanks
(08-07-2020, 11:35 AM)knaroznik Wrote: Hi!
I tried using Obi Fluid in my VR project, but i encounter quite big issue with moving my mug around with VR Controllers. When i try to fastly rotate my mug, the fluid inside is getting out through it's side. Mug got Mesh Collider on it, i tried with distance fields, i've tried to increase thickness of Obi Collider to, but with no success.

I'm sure i move my object with velocity, angular velocity goes up to 7-8, and its when the problem occurs.

Can you give me a hand with that?

Thanks

If you're moving the objects using velocities, and Obi's built-in CCD is not picking up the contacts, then the only thing you can try is to use a smaller timestep.

Either increase the amount of substeps in your updater, or reduce the global physics timestep in Unity's Time manager.

(we have a video on this subject that might be helpful, in case you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0Z35GY6pk)
(08-07-2020, 11:39 AM)josemendez Wrote: If you're moving the objects using velocities, and Obi's built-in CCD is not picking up the contacts, then the only thing you can try is to use a smaller timestep.

Either increase the amount of substeps in your updater, or reduce the global physics timestep in Unity's Time manager.

(we have a video on this subject that might be helpful, in case you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0Z35GY6pk)

Thanks for fast response,

Yeah, i saw that video. I've tried setting minimum value at fixedTimeStep, but with no success.

My only idea is connected to scale of solver or emitter, does it make any sense to look it up?