Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Tshirt interaction with avatar
Hi everyone,

I am quite new to Unity and Obi Cloth. 

I was following this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usXaFr6N630&t=106s

This is exactly what I am trying to do, but for me it looks like my avatar is not interacting with tshirt. I attach screens how does it look in my project. 

Basically when I press play nothing is happening, when in play I go to the scene view and rotate my avatar manually I also do not see any movement of the tshirt. I really do not know what I am missing.

Thanks in advance for help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(21-06-2020, 07:13 PM)Mareh Wrote: Hi everyone,

I am quite new to Unity and Obi Cloth. 

I was following this movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usXaFr6N630&t=106s

This is exactly what I am trying to do, but for me it looks like my avatar is not interacting with tshirt. I attach screens how does it look in my project. 

Basically when I press play nothing is happening, when in play I go to the scene view and rotate my avatar manually I also do not see any movement of the tshirt. I really do not know what I am missing.

Hi

I can't know what's happening with just this info, but the basic setup looks ok to me. What does the blueprint for your shirt look like? Specifically, have your painted the skin radius and backstop values? Skin radius should be larger than zero, or particles would just be constrained to their skinned positions.
Hi josemendez,

Thanks for your answer!

skin backstop: 0.01
skin backstop radius: 0.01
skin radius: 0.01
skin compliance: 0

All of the settings for now are affecting all of the particles of the tshirt.

But I think problem might be related to Skinned Mesh Renderer, as on the attached screen when I do set up on the tshirt root bone: hips (same as on the mesh of the avatar) then I have this situation and I am not able to put those two meshes one inside of the other, as I understand that is how it was done in the youtube video but it is not clearly visible there. Before root bone for thisrt was not assigned. Any idea how to solve this issue? or it is completely different story and does not play any role in here?

If anything else is missing or I do not understand that concept correctly please let me know.

(22-06-2020, 08:07 PM)Mareh Wrote: Hi josemendez,

Thanks for your answer!

skin backstop: 0.01
skin backstop radius: 0.01
skin radius: 0.01
skin compliance: 0

All of the settings for now are affecting all of the particles of the tshirt.

But I think problem might be related to Skinned Mesh Renderer, as on the attached screen when I do set up on the tshirt root bone: hips (same as on the mesh of the avatar) then I have this situation and I am not able to put those two meshes one inside of the other, as I understand that is how it was done in the youtube video but it is not clearly visible there. Before root bone for thisrt was not assigned. Any idea how to solve this issue? or it is completely different story and does not play any role in here?

If anything else is missing or I do not understand that concept correctly please let me know.

You can't just put a skinned mesh inside another and expect both to move with the skeleton (if that's what you're attempting). The meshes must be set up in an external modeling/animation program, and both must be skinned to the same skeleton. I used Blender for the video tutorial, and I assume you already know how to do this. It's not just a requirement specific to Obi, it's the basic workflow for making animated characters.

Once you've skinned your character in an external program, importing it into Unity will automatically assign the root bone, and set up skinning weights for the mesh.