Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Edges of a plate with proxy cloth are wrong
Hi, I'm trying to make a thickness cloth (Character's cloak) with using Obi Cloth Proxy.
So I made a plate model as an experiment.

In Blueprint, I deleted all the vertices on one side of it.

Then, I created a skin map and bind it without any changes.
However, the edges of the plate can no longer maintain their thickness and shape.

Perhaps the vertices have rotated?

I didn't find what was wrong.
Is there a way to keep the edge thickness?

Maybe there is a problem with the parameter of Bind,
but I don't know which value represents what for

(28-06-2020, 01:23 PM)asimofu_ok Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to make a thickness cloth (Character's cloak) with using Obi Cloth Proxy.
So I made a plate model as an experiment.

In Blueprint, I deleted all the vertices on one side of it.

Then, I created a skin map and bind it without any changes.
However, the edges of the plate can no longer maintain their thickness and shape.

Perhaps the vertices have rotated?

I didn't find what was wrong.
Is there a way to keep the edge thickness?

Maybe there is a problem with the parameter of Bind,
but I don't know which value represents what for

Hi there,

Skinning is a semi-automatic process. Each particle is compared to all triangles in the mesh that share at least one skin channel with it, using 3 criteria:

- How close to the center of the triangle the particle projection on the triangle is (barycentric weight)
- How well aligned with the triangle normal the particle is (normal alignment weight)
- How close to the surface of the triangle the particle is (elevation weight)

You can change the importance (weight) assigned to each of these criteria when performing skinning. Additionally, you can paint different skin channels to ensure particles only consider certain subsets of all triangles. In your case, the border triangles seem to be skinned to the center particles. Try reducing the normal alignment weight, and /or consider using a specific skin channel for the triangles in the border.

In this video we go over the process of using multiple skin channels to speed up and gain finer control over skinning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWXSJJAu0dM