Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Different types of fabrics
Hi everyone!. I am daniel. I have been a game designer and programmer at unity for several years.

I am thinking of buying the plugin, but I am not sure.

I am creating a virtual clothing tester online. I need to create different types of fabrics/tissues and clothes (Cotton, Silk, Jean, Leather, etc.) With dinamic sizes that fixes in the customized avatar that the user creates with his body measurements.

Do you think it will be possible to create the different interactions between the cloth of a particular fabric type and the avatar skin with different types and sizes of body?

For example the image i attach.

I don't need animations. Just that the clothes make the necessary folds / wrinkles when the clothes are big or doesn not fit well.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi there,

This has been done before with Obi:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...d-560.html

However, there's things to have in mind:

- Having different material parameters for the cloth must be "eyeballed", since the simulation method we use (particle-based XPBD) is not a continuum-based method.

So all parameters are isotropic (cloth bends and stretches equally in all directions), and that the actual end behavior of the cloth is slightly dependant on the underlying mesh topology. If you had the same skirt with 600, 1200 and 2500 triangles, the 2500 tris one would be much more stretchy the the 600 tris one.

In contrast, most offline/quasi-realtime virtual fitting room simulators use continuum-based methods such as FEM or projective dynamics, to be able to guarantee the cloth will behave the same regardless of the mesh resolution.

- Collision detection against static meshes is best done using Distance Fields. The reason for this is that they're both much more efficient and robust than Mesh Colliders: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ields.html

- Simulation only supports 2-manifold meshes. If you're working with 3D-scanned from actual garments, this can be a problem as most meshes will require careful manual authoring to ensure manifoldness.