Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  problems with visualizing the rope 50%
I created a rope but it appears only with 50% visualization. I looked through all the options and found nothing to solve it. I even did the tutorials following the guidelines, but even so it didn't work. All other objects appear correct. Only the rope that does not appear correct.
Can someone help me? Please!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-06-2020, 08:05 PM)Alexandre Wrote: I created a rope but it appears only with 50% visualization. I looked through all the options and found nothing to solve it. I even did the tutorials following the guidelines, but even so it didn't work. All other objects appear correct. Only the rope that does not appear correct.
Can someone help me? Please!

What do you mean 50% visualization? Are you referring to backfaces inside not being rendered?

This has nothing to do with Obi, backface culling is your material’s responsibility. By default, most materials do not render faces pointing away from the camera for performance reasons. This happens in all game engines, not just Unity. It’s rendering basics, if you’re attempting to use an advanced physics engine this is something you should already be familiar with (it's not my intention to sound harsh, but kinda foretelling future difficulties if you don't know what backface culling is and how it works before getting involved with physics simulations).

Try adding a plane to the scene to see what I mean: one side of the plane will be visible: the one where normal vectors point towards the camera, the other side will not be rendered at all.

Solution: Just use a material/shader with culling disabled.