Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  rendering with SimpleFluildRenderer
Hi,

I want to buy Obi Fluid, but I have a question. I want to use it in the mobile platform and as far as I understand, I should use SimpleFluidRenderer. My game's objects and camera are 3D and perspecive, meanwhile SimpleFluidRender will render in 2D. My question is, Can I use it for rendering the water in my 3D game? Actually camera is placed in one side of the water. So showing water in 2D with SimpleFluidRender will be looking good?
(03-06-2020, 08:32 PM)kmaroufi Wrote: Hi,

I want to buy Obi Fluid, but I have a question. I want to use it in the mobile platform and as far as I understand, I should use SimpleFluidRenderer. My game's objects and camera are 3D and perspecive, meanwhile SimpleFluidRender will render in 2D. My question is, Can I use it for rendering the water in my 3D game? Actually camera is placed in one side of the water. So showing water in 2D with SimpleFluidRender will be looking good?

SimpleFluidRenderer does not perform depth testing. This is because it skips rendering a fluid depth buffer and testing against the scene depth, for performance.

Whether this will be a limitation in your game or not, I can't possibly tell without more information. It entirely depends on how rendering is set up in your case.