Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Oversized Collider or Thickness Issue
Hi --

(First time poster here btw... Love the work.)

I have a problem where it appears my collider is oversized relative to a Rope object.  You can see in this video how a plane with a mesh collider affects a Rope well below it.  This behavior also occurs with all other collider types.  The Thickness settings of the Obi Collider would have an impact here but it's set to zero.  

Thoughts?  Really appreciate the help.
(01-06-2020, 06:57 PM)bywhatwhat Wrote: Hi --

(First time poster here btw... Love the work.)

I have a problem where it appears my collider is oversized relative to a Rope object.  You can see in this video how a plane with a mesh collider affects a Rope well below it.  This behavior also occurs with all other collider types.  The Thickness settings of the Obi Collider would have an impact here but it's set to zero.  

Thoughts?  Really appreciate the help.

Hi there!

Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your rope, to be able to see what the actual particle representation of it looks like. Off the top of my head, only thing I can think of is that they're too large, maybe you set the rope renderer's thickness scale instead of the actual rope blueprint thickness? That would cause the rope to be rendered thinner than it actually is.
(01-06-2020, 07:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to your rope, to be able to see what the actual particle representation of it looks like. Off the top of my head, only thing I can think of is that they're too large, maybe you set the rope renderer's thickness scale instead of the actual rope blueprint thickness? That would cause the rope to be rendered thinner than it actually is.

BINGO!  Thanks so much for the fast response.
(01-06-2020, 07:24 PM)bywhatwhat Wrote: BINGO!  Thanks so much for the fast response.

You're welcome! Guiño