Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Character mesh not showing in blueprint edit mode
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Obi Cloth but I've made a flag fine using it and have used Unity cloth component with some success before as you can see in the pictures.

My character is a spike ball I made in Blender. I've various versions made with variations like individual spikes / single mesh, bones for each spike / single bone in core. I'm trying to make the spike tips move freely and the roots not move at all. I've had reasonable success with the built in cloth but the mesh tears when the character goes too fast.

In Obi Cloth, the current model is a single mesh for the spikes with individual bones weighted to each spike and meeting in the centre. Works fine. I've set the model to Read/Write, made a SkinnedCloth blueprint and added the spike mesh to it. I hit Generate, wait a few minutes til it finishes and then hit Edit to weight the vertices. Save scene and load the edit scene. No verts visible whether I zoom out or in, Obi Cloth edit window on the side but nothing to select. Any suggestions?

The models got about 30k verts and some overlap of the spikes with a few spike meshes entering each other. Would this overlap confuse the Obi software? Is there just too many verts? Or too many angles in the mesh? Using current latest Unity version 2019.3.15f1.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Without taking a look at the actual mesh, it's very difficult to tell why this is happening. Could you share your mesh with us? send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.
(01-06-2020, 11:37 AM)josemendez Wrote: Without taking a look at the actual mesh, it's very difficult to tell why this is happening. Could you share your mesh with us? send it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.

Sure thing, sending it on now.