Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Slingshot rope
Hello, I want to make slingshot like mechanic but whenever I pull the sphere back it went through the rope. I have tried to make rope length bigger but still not working.

Here's the inspector panel

Here's the video, any help would be great thanks.

https://media.giphy.com/media/dAoa4kKJjG.../giphy.gif
You're overstrecthing the rope, opening gaps in its particle representation trough which the ball will slip. Add a ObiParticleRenderer component to it to clearly see the issue.

I'd increase the rope blueprint resolution (to have more particles).
Thanks for the tip. Rope also going above the ball or under it sometimes since it's a sphere. Is there a way we can lock the position y of the rope so it stays the same.
(30-04-2020, 08:49 PM)baskot Wrote: Thanks for the tip. Rope also going above the ball or under it sometimes since it's a sphere. Is there a way we can lock the position y of the rope so it stays the same.

If the user is able to move the sphere around directly (by setting its transform), then the rope will obviously not be able to stop it from going anywhere in the scene, as it can't apply forces on the ball.

You need to either clamp the y position of the ball yourself, or let the user move the ball using forces so that the rope can also affect its movement.