Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proxy Cloth Crash
Hello!

I recently purchased Obi Cloth and am really loving the whole system. Not only does it provide more options and flexibility than the Unity cloth, but also has a better vertex selection tool.

However, I'm having issues with the proxy cloth component. I'm trying to add cloth to my character's jacket and am following the trench coat example but Unity crashes upon play whenever the proxy cloth component is present, or more specifically, when the proxy cloth component is present and I've bound the vertices with the Triangle Skin Mesh. I've checked the editor log and found no hints at all before the crash and am at a loss.

The big trick is that I had it working the day that I downloaded the asset (about a week ago), but decided to restart the whole process since I had become more acquainted with the system (or so I thought). Since then I have tried, from scratch, 5 different times and every time that I attach the proxy component it instantly crashes on play. Removing the component allows it to work again.

I'm sure that I will need to supply much more information to get to the bottom of the issue, but am uncertain what it is that you will need from me: pictures of the skin painting, model details, etc. Or, perhaps, you've come across this before and will know exactly what it is that I need to do. Either way, I hope that you can help me easily fix this and I can use your asset to bring even more depth to my character!
(30-10-2017, 08:10 PM)AltruXeno Wrote: Hello!

I recently purchased Obi Cloth and am really loving the whole system. Not only does it provide more options and flexibility than the Unity cloth, but also has a better vertex selection tool.

However, I'm having issues with the proxy cloth component. I'm trying to add cloth to my character's jacket and am following the trench coat example but Unity crashes upon play whenever the proxy cloth component is present, or more specifically, when the proxy cloth component is present and I've bound the vertices with the Triangle Skin Mesh. I've checked the editor log and found no hints at all before the crash and am at a loss.

The big trick is that I had it working the day that I downloaded the asset (about a week ago), but decided to restart the whole process since I had become more acquainted with the system (or so I thought). Since then I have tried, from scratch, 5 different times and every time that I attach the proxy component it instantly crashes on play. Removing the component allows it to work again.

I'm sure that I will need to supply much more information to get to the bottom of the issue, but am uncertain what it is that you will need from me: pictures of the skin painting, model details, etc. Or, perhaps, you've come across this before and will know exactly what it is that I need to do. Either way, I hope that you can help me easily fix this and I can use your asset to bring even more depth to my character!

Hi there!

If you modified the mesh outside Unity, you'll need to re-generate its topology. If you don't, the topology won't match the mesh and there's a possibility the skin will crash due to topological differences. This is not easily detectable at runtime, so Obi assumes that a mesh and its topology are always in sync.

Let me know if this fixes it for you!

cheers,