Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Wiring
I need to create a system to build electric wiring in runtime  like in picture attached.
Is it possible with ObiHope?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(15-04-2020, 09:15 PM)julianocortes Wrote: I need to create a system to build electric wiring in runtime  like in picture attached.
Is it possible with ObiHope?

Hi,

This is a very open-ended question. Obi Rope simulates the dynamics of ropes, nothing more. Electrical current intensities, voltages, resistances etc are not modeled, if that’s what you are asking.

Also, no user input/routing/cable layout (which are the core components of a system that lets you “draw” cables between inputs/outputs and decide their routing) is included.

Cheers!
(15-04-2020, 09:33 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

This is a very open-ended question. Obi Rope simulates the dynamics of ropes, nothing more. Electrical current intensities, voltages, resistances etc are not modeled, if that’s what you are asking.

Also, no user input/routing/cable layout  (which are the core components of a system that lets you “draw” cables between inputs/outputs and decide their routing) is included.

Cheers!

thanks for fast answer.

I just want to simulate a connection in runtime. Nothing about electric behaviour. I'm not asking about electrical dynamic.

My question: is it possible I pass the coordinates (path) and OBI construct a cable like in picture I showed?
(15-04-2020, 11:53 PM)julianocortes Wrote: My question: is it possible I pass the coordinates (path) and OBI construct a cable like in picture I showed?

Hi,

Yes, you can define the initial path of a cable using control points.

However keep in mind that Obi is a physics simulator, and cables are dynamic. In an electrical circuit like the one shown in the image most cables are static, using a physics simulation for them seems like overkill, and will affect your performance negatively. Imho, a simple spline editor would be a simpler, cheaper choice if all you need is to define static cable paths.