Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Proxy Cloth is Jittery On Fixed Update
Im using Cloth version 3.4. and pin constraining cloth particles to a rotating cylinder. The first row of particles get constrained and the cloth gets pulled as the cylinder rotates. The rest of the particles all get constrained to fully wrap around the cylinder (the application has to be very precise).

If I use Late Update on the solver the proxy mesh is fine, but if I use Fixed Update or After Fixed Update the proxy is jittery even though the cloth is smoothly moving. Do you think is specific to something in my setup or settings that can be adjusted?
(07-04-2020, 01:31 AM)Visitor245262 Wrote: Im using Cloth version 3.4. and pin constraining cloth particles to a rotating cylinder. The first row of particles get constrained and the cloth gets pulled as the cylinder rotates. The rest of the particles all get constrained to fully wrap around the cylinder (the application has to be very precise).

If I use Late Update on the solver the proxy mesh is fine, but if I use Fixed Update or After Fixed Update the proxy is jittery even though the cloth is smoothly moving. Do you think is specific to something in my setup or settings that can be adjusted?

Is your solver using interpolation?
(07-04-2020, 12:39 PM)josemendez Wrote: Is your solver using interpolation?

That didnt seem to have an effect. If I let the cloth fall off the edge or anything else the proxy is ok. Its only with this setup in Fixed Update where its being constrained in this way that causes an issue.

For the video I made some materials transparent so its easier to see. The pink mesh is the cloth which behaves fine. The grey mesh is the proxy. I have a work-around if this issue cant be fixed so its not a huge problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy1_sHWR...e=youtu.be