Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stitcher not working (Obi Rope 5.2)
I'm upgrading an older project from Obi Rope 4 to 5.2 and have ran into the issue with ObiStitcher. I'm trying to stitch the end of a rod to a rope, but I can't get it to work. The connection falls apart immediately upon playing. 

I don't see any stitchers used in the samples for Obi Rope.

My scene is quite simple. Create an ObiRod and ObiRope with default blueprints. Line up ends and add a stitch component on the rope and put the stitch points very close to the end of the corresponding objects. I also added a static attachment to the opposite end of the rod so that when I hit play it doesn't all fall due to gravity, however the stitched connection doesn't work and the rope remains disconnected.
Hi,

I've found a bug in the ObiStitcherEditor class, it does not take into account that the particle positions are expressed in solver space in 5.X. Will fix it and provide a patched version asap. Thanks for reporting this!
Please find the patched editor class attached. Replace the one at /Obi/Editor with it.

Also, do not forget to have Stitch constraints enabled in your solver!

let me know how it goes.

Attached Files
.cs   ObiStitcherEditor.cs (Size: 7.31 KB / Downloads: 5)
(29-03-2020, 07:49 PM)josemendez Wrote: Please find the patched editor class attached. Replace the one at /Obi/Editor with it.

Also, do not forget to have Stitch constraints enabled in your solver!

let me know how it goes.

It worked! Thanks for the quick fix.