Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bug / Crash  Doesn't build for latest XCode (11.4)
(17-04-2020, 03:05 PM)JyriKilpelainen Wrote: Ok, finally solved!

- Unity and Xcode minimum: iOS 11
- Bitcode disabled in Xcode
- Obi 5.1

-> Builds work with Xcode 11.3.1 and do not get stuck in ASC

Sonrisa

Hi! Glad you got it working. Just read your mail requisiting a build of 5.3 using 11.3.1, thing is we updated all our dev machines to Catalina/11.4, I don't know if it is possible to downgrade. If you need 5.3 just drop me a note and will try to build a version with 11.3.1.

Over time I expect the situation with 11.4 to improve, though. I've already tried everything I could think of and Apple support is quite slow, so it might take a while.
Can you also please send to my email - palchingleb@gmail.com - the 5.1 version?
Because on the store you already updated to 5.3, or it should also work with the solution JyriKilpelainen wrote?
(20-04-2020, 09:58 AM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: Can you also please send to my email - palchingleb@gmail.com - the 5.1 version?
Because on the store you already updated to 5.3, or it should also work with the solution JyriKilpelainen wrote?

Hi Gleb,

Just sent ObiRope 5.1 to your email address. Let me know how it goes Sonrisa
(20-04-2020, 10:00 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Gleb,

Just sent ObiRope 5.1 to your email address. Let me know how it goes Sonrisa

Thanks!
Will try asap.
After all of this I'd even pay for an early, limited functionality, Burst only version.  Gran sonrisa
(20-04-2020, 03:41 PM)dylanrw Wrote: After all of this I'd even pay for an early, limited functionality, Burst only version.  Gran sonrisa

WIP, you won't even have to pay for it. Just update when it is released (once out, it will be in beta/preview state for a few minor releases, so both Native and Burst backends available, Native being the default).

I'm fully aware native plugins are an absolute pain (not only for end users), but back in the day they were the only option for decent performance in Unity. Thankfully, not anymore. Sonrisa
(20-04-2020, 03:47 PM)josemendez Wrote: WIP, you won't even have to pay for it. Just update when it is released (once out, it will be in beta/preview state for a few minor releases, so both Native and Burst backends available, Native being the default).

I'm fully aware native plugins are an absolute pain (not only for end users), but back in the day they were the only option for decent performance in Unity. Thankfully, not anymore. Sonrisa

Great!
Quick update on the issue: Apple seems to be largely ignoring this:

[Image: 7sFgEJk.png]

It's been a month since I reported the bug, and their only answer (two weeks ago) was that we should disable bitcode generation as it "takes a long time to link". No difference though.

Since then I've tried disabling LTO, compiling the lib with symbol visibility hidden by default and manually exposing a few ones (in hopes that this would take pressure off the linker), stripping most symbols, tried to split the lib into 3 several smaller ones, disabled build parallelization, but no luck with any of these. Just in case someone wants to try the same: don't bother, it didn't work.

Will keep on investigating. Next idea I have in mind is performing a "bug binary search": deconstruct the entire lib to the bare minimum, see if the link process finishes, then slowly put it back together piece by piece until I find what's causing the linker to choke. Then, figure out if there's a way to work around it.
I'm running into the exact same issue with Obi Cloth now. Can I have an equivalent archived version of it sent to my email?

Nevermind, I'll use a Burst based alternative.
any update ?