Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bug / Crash  Doesn't build for latest XCode (11.4)
Doesn't seem so based on the release notes, but I'm just going to install it and see.  Confundido
Noticed some discussions and Apple replies here: 
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/130684
Hello, just got hit with this issue.

Just as described in this post, I've been informed that one particular game's (that has this asset) build process was hanging on our build server just after we upgraded the Xcode to 11.4. After spending some hours trying to understand why I've found this post. I tried updating to Xcode 11.4.1 that released yesterday to no avail, it's still hanging.

Out of curiosity I let the build run over night and it completed in about 7 hours (RAM usage of ld was 15gb+ at one point). So it does complete at some point but this is ridiculous and absolutely not acceptable.
Hi!

I’m the devloper of this asset. I agree that this is of course inacceptable, but at the moment I can’t do much (or at least don’t know what to do, if theres something that could be done from my end). Build time in 11.3 and all previous versions was a couple minutes at most. Same lib links fine in all other toolchains i’ve tried (visual studio+clang, codeblocks+mingw, eclipse)

I filed a bug report with Apple, and they initally suggested to disable bitcode generation. Still, i had to kill the ld process three hours later after it had consumed all the ram in my computer. Reported this back to them a couple days ago, waiting for a response.
I completely understand. Nothing else to do other than waiting for new Xcode versions I guess. In the meantime we'll use Xcode 11.3 for games that use the asset.
(16-04-2020, 10:04 PM)arkenthera Wrote: I completely understand. Nothing else to do other than waiting for new Xcode versions I guess. In the meantime we'll use Xcode 11.3 for games that use the asset.

The problem with Xcode 11.3 at the moment is that all builds get stuck in Processing state at App Store end. This means you can’t release or put the builds to TestFlight. Apple must have made some changes in their backend when Xcode 11.4 was released because everything worked ok before that.

Builds created with Xcode 11.4 do not get stuck at App Store but rather in Xcode due to this issue.

So the situation is pretty bad. I’m planning on trying to use Xcode 11.3 today and see how we can create a build that doesn’t get stuck in either place.
(17-04-2020, 05:40 AM)JyriKilpelainen Wrote: The problem with Xcode 11.3 at the moment is that all builds get stuck in Processing state at App Store end. This means you can’t release or put the builds to TestFlight. Apple must have made some changes in their backend when Xcode 11.4 was released because everything worked ok before that.

Builds created with Xcode 11.4 do not get stuck at App Store but rather in Xcode due to this issue.

So the situation is pretty bad. I’m planning on trying to use Xcode 11.3 today and see how we can create a build that doesn’t get stuck in either place.

Ok, I'll take this back: Empty Unity project with just ARM64 architecture and build either with 2019.3.0f6 or 2019.3.7f1 does not get stuck on App Store Connect.
(17-04-2020, 07:49 AM)JyriKilpelainen Wrote: Ok, I'll take this back: Empty Unity project with just ARM64 architecture and build either with 2019.3.0f6 or 2019.3.7f1 does not get stuck on App Store Connect.

Hi, we had no issues with builds getting stuck at Processing with any of 2019.3.x or 2019.2.x and Xcode 11.4 or Xcode 11.3 combinations.
(17-04-2020, 11:26 AM)arkenthera Wrote: Hi, we had no issues with builds getting stuck at Processing with any of 2019.3.x or 2019.2.x and Xcode 11.4 or Xcode 11.3 combinations.

Ok, that's interesting. All my Xcode 11.3.1 builds build locally but get stuck in Processing state on App Store end apart from empty Unity project.
So:

- Empty Unity project (2019.3.0f6) + Xcode 11.3.1 -> Builds and completes ASC processing
- Empty Unity project (2019.3.7f1) + Xcode 11.3.1 -> Builds and completes ASC processing

- Empty Unity project (2019.3.7f1) + Obi Fluid 5.1 and Softbody 5.1 + Xcode 11.3.1 -> Builds but is stuck in ASC processing (1 hour and counting)

- Our game project (2019.3.7f1) + Obi Fluid 5.1 and Softbody 5.1 + Xcode 11.3.1 -> Builds but is stuck in ASC processing (22 hours and counting, 4 different builds)

- All builds with Obi and Xcode 11.4 or 11.4.1 -> Local builds gets stuck

Working empty project had just ARM64 and bitcode enabled. I guess I should test disabling bitcode if that helps.
Do you have some special settings in the Xcode project since your builds are working normally?

edit. Game projects that do not use Obi build fine with Xcode 11.4 and do not get stuck in ASC

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, finally solved!

- Unity and Xcode minimum: iOS 11
- Bitcode disabled in Xcode
- Obi 5.1

-> Builds work with Xcode 11.3.1 and do not get stuck in ASC

Sonrisa