Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bug / Crash  Doesn't build for latest XCode (11.4)
(25-08-2020, 08:14 PM)morncraban Wrote: Thanks for the workaround but now it crashes on that stage with this error:
Apple Mach-o Linker (id) error clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1103.0.32.62.0_0' Reader: '1100.0.33.17_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 11.0.0, (clang-1100.0.33.17)' for architecture arm64
Have I made something wrong or there is other reason for that? With xcode 12 beta version and assetstore version of obi rope everything was fine (except we couldn't publish to appstore of course)
Thnx)

Make sure you’re using XCode 11.3.1, and that any other libraries/franeworks you’re using in the project are compatible with it. If unsure, you can try building without Obi, and progressively strip libraries away to see which one(s) do not have bitcode compatibility with 11.3.1.
(25-08-2020, 09:09 PM)josemendez Wrote: Make sure you’re using XCode 11.3.1, and that any other libraries/franeworks you’re using in the project are compatible with it. If unsure, you can try building without Obi, and progressively strip libraries away to see which one(s) do not have bitcode compatibility with 11.3.1.
Thanks, you are right, it works fine with only obi. The problem is in other libraries.
Hi,

As far as I understand, in order to get a build for an iOS app that uses Obi Rope, we need to use Obi 5.1 (or 5.4) in our project and XCode 11.3.1.

On the other hand, the latest iOS version is 13.7 and XCode 11.3.1 cannot build the app for this version which means, I think, we cannot distribute this kind of app to Appstore Connect.

Do we have any choice other than waiting Xcode 12 is to be released in order to distribute our project to Appstore Connect?
(15-09-2020, 09:32 AM)icamonu Wrote: Hi,

As far as I understand, in order to get a build for an iOS app that uses Obi Rope, we need to use Obi 5.1 (or 5.4) in our project and XCode 11.3.1.

On the other hand, the latest iOS version is 13.7 and XCode 11.3.1 cannot build the app for this version which means, I think, we cannot distribute this kind of app to Appstore Connect.

Do we have any choice other than waiting Xcode 12 is to be released in order to distribute our project to Appstore Connect?

You can try using Obi 5.5 (latest version in the store) and the Burst backend instead. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...kends.html

This circumvents the Xcode issue by not using any C++11 static libraries to run.
Hello, xcode 12 was released, can you confirm it is working now with Obi assets?
(17-09-2020, 08:33 AM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: Hello, xcode 12 was released, can you confirm it is working now with Obi assets?

Will test and get back to you.

Note that if you're using Obi 5.5 w/Burst, the linker bug in XCode isn't really relevant anymore as the Burst backend does not require linking against any external library.
(17-09-2020, 09:04 AM)josemendez Wrote: Will test and get back to you.

Note that if you're using Obi 5.5 w/Burst, the linker bug in XCode isn't really relevant anymore as the Burst backend does not require linking against any external library.
Cool! Thanks!
Hey yo, any news?
(04-10-2020, 11:16 AM)Gleb Palchin Wrote: Hey yo, any news?

Sorry, I completely forgot about your question! Yes, confirmed that it links fine in XCode 12 and up.
(29-10-2020, 06:06 PM)josemendez Wrote: Sorry, I completely forgot about your question! Yes, confirmed that it links fine in XCode 12 and up.

Hello, I'm having this problem on Obi Rope 6.0.1
Do I still need to downgrade to Obi Rope 5.5?