Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Obi does not render (rope and fluid)
Hello,

Obi Rope and Obi Fluid does not render on my current project, even in a brad new scene using the examples from the Quickstart guide, they just not render at all.

All the materials are assigned.

It does not render in editor neither on game view.

PD: I have ObiFluidRenderer on the camera.

Any idea or help on the issue would be great.

(26-02-2020, 06:26 PM)ManuelKW Wrote: Hello,

Obi Rope and Obi Fluid does not render on my current project, even in a brad new scene using the examples from the Quickstart guide, they just not render at all.

All the materials are assigned.

It does not render in editor neither on game view.

PD: I have ObiFluidRenderer on the camera.

Any idea or help on the issue would be great.

Hi Manuel,

Haven't been able to reproduce this. What Unity and Obi versions are you using?
(09-03-2020, 11:11 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Manuel,

Haven't been able to reproduce this. What Unity and Obi versions are you using?

Unity 2019.2.13f1

Obi Fluid and Obi rope 5.1.

I found the next issue, if I have one single solver for the scene there's no problems.
As soon as I add a new solver for the rope it stops rendering. This second solver is nested in the hierarchy to the first solver, I don't know if that could be the issue.

Regards.
(25-03-2020, 11:52 PM)ManuelKW Wrote: Unity 2019.2.13f1

Obi Fluid and Obi rope 5.1.

I found the next issue, if I have one single solver for the scene there's no problems.
As soon as I add a new solver for the rope it stops rendering. This second solver is nested in the hierarchy to the first solver, I don't know if that could be the issue.

Regards.

Actors are managed by the first solver they find up their hierarchy. Having multiple nested solvers is quite uncommon, unless you need to have multiple nested simulation spaces (which I can't think of a use case for) they should not be needed. For merely organizational purposes they can be used, though.

Still, I could not reproduce the issue you describe. Multiple nested solvers render all their actors fine. Just make sure that the second solver is added to any Updater in your scene, or it won't be updated nor rendered. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...cture.html
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...aters.html