Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Linux support continued ?
Hello,

Linux support has been removed from the supported platforms in all your asset store descriptions, but it is still written as a supported platform on your website.
I am working on a game for Windows and Linux and I want to be sure before purchasing your asset that you still support officially Linux.
Are you going to continue supporting Linux build or not ?

Thanks.
(20-02-2020, 10:01 AM)ir0n_ Wrote: Hello,

Linux support has been removed from the supported platforms in all your asset store descriptions, but it is still written as a supported platform on your website.
I am working on a game for Windows and Linux and I want to be sure before purchasing your asset that you still support officially Linux.
Are you going to continue supporting Linux build or not ?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Linux is currently supported. Some users have reported issues getting the library to run in the Linux editor, I've been unable to reproduce it yet but you should be aware of this. Building a linux executable in Windows or Mac is possible, and runs without issue.

In the near future, all platforms will be supported (including consoles), since we're porting the core engine to HPCS (Burst+Jobs). No more native plugins for each specific platform. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=1619
(20-02-2020, 10:49 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Linux is currently supported. Some users have reported issues getting the library to run in the Linux editor, I've been unable to reproduce it yet but you should be aware of this. Building a linux executable in Windows or Mac is possible, and runs without issue.

In the near future, all platforms will be supported (including consoles), since we're porting the core engine to HPCS (Burst+Jobs). No more native plugins for each specific platform. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=1619

Thanks for your quick answer Sonrisa