Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Stability Issues
Fluid solid interaction is not performed on Android, particle ignores the geometry. The first line of particles get attached each-other instantly. I get jittering and strange results during simulation, so do you have any solution for that? Btw, the same app in any iphone device work flawless without any failure.
(11-10-2017, 08:23 AM)mimarilker Wrote: Fluid solid interaction is not performed on Android, particle ignores the geometry. The first line of particles get attached each-other instantly. I get jittering and strange results during simulation, so do you have any solution for that? Btw, the same app in any iphone device work flawless without any failure.

Hi there,

It recently came to our attention that there's a bug in Mono/IL2CPP that causes misaligned memory accesses in android. The result is a silent null reference in Mono that results in incorrect contact handling, and a crash in IL2CPP.

The (temporary) workaround we found is to comment lines: 202, 252, 260 of /Obi/Scripts/Oni.cs. They all look like this:
[StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential, Pack = 1)]

Turns out that when packing structs in certain Android devices, the compiler aligns the struct members to a memory address that is invalid in ARM architectures. Let us know if this workaround works for you.

cheers!
You are amazing, thanks a lot! Btw should I change back it to original for IOS development?
(11-10-2017, 10:25 AM)mimarilker Wrote: You are amazing, thanks a lot! Btw should I change back it to original for IOS development?

You're welcome Sonrisa .There should be no need to, as default memory alignment of these particular structs should still be valid for iOS.

Note that we were made aware of this bug recently and it is only a workaround, we will deliver a proper, guaranteed-to-work-in-all-architectures solution in an upcoming update.