Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particles in cloth get stuck in collider
I'm resetting the cloth every x frame with:

Code:
//On start
cloth.PullDataFromSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS | ParticleData.VELOCITIES)

//On reset
cloth.PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS | ParticleData.VELOCITIES)

What I'm seeing is when trying to pull the cloth with a handle after reset a particle has a very large mass (19200). Doesn't happen every time but enough.

Included some potentially relevant screenshots.

Thanks for the help!
(11-10-2017, 02:56 AM)interwound Wrote: I'm resetting the cloth every x frame with:

Code:
//On start
cloth.PullDataFromSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS | ParticleData.VELOCITIES)

//On reset
cloth.PushDataToSolver(ParticleData.POSITIONS | ParticleData.VELOCITIES)

What I'm seeing is when trying to pull the cloth with a handle after reset a particle has a very large mass (19200). Doesn't happen every time but enough.

Included some potentially relevant screenshots.

Thanks for the help!

Hi there!

Is the problem that particles get stuck in a collider, that particles get a large mass without seemingly any reason or both? The problem isn't clear to me from your description.

cheers,
(16-10-2017, 09:55 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there!

Is the problem that particles get stuck in a collider, that particles get a large mass without seemingly any reason or both? The problem isn't clear to me from your description.

cheers,

The end problem is that the particle gets stuck in the collider or at least has the appearance of getting stuck. Not sure if the increased particle mass is related.
(19-10-2017, 06:18 PM)interwound Wrote: The end problem is that the particle gets stuck in the collider or at least has the appearance of getting stuck. Not sure if the increased particle mass is related.

As long as the collider has got no rigidbody, mass won't matter. Have you tried increasing the colliders' "thickness" parameter? In your scene it seems like it is a plane. Also, always prefer primitive colliders (cubes, capsules, etc) to mesh colliders, as they are both faster and more robust.