Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiColliders used by ObiSolvers simulating in local space cannot be shared
Hi! I love your work. Great stuff!

I have multiple characters, duplicates of the same prefab, in my scene with cloth and colliders, and get this message:
"ObiColliders used by ObiSolvers simulating in local space cannot be shared by multiple solvers.Please duplicate the collider if you want to use it in other solvers."

The solver is on the root of the character and the agents are childs to the solver, as soon as I have two in the scene I get this.
I don't want the colliders to be shared by different solvers, so can I ignore the message?

Everything seems to work as intended, should I just comment the warning out. Or is there a correct way to do something here that I don't understand?

Thank you!
(06-10-2017, 02:58 PM)MrBeam Wrote: Hi! I love your work. Great stuff!

I have multiple characters, duplicates of the same prefab, in my scene with cloth and colliders, and get this message:
"ObiColliders used by ObiSolvers simulating in local space cannot be shared by multiple solvers.Please duplicate the collider if you want to use it in other solvers."

The solver is on the root of the character and the agents are childs to the solver, as soon as I have two in the scene I get this.
I don't want the colliders to be shared by different solvers, so can I ignore the message?

Everything seems to work as intended, should I just comment the warning out. Or is there a correct way to do something here that I don't understand?

Thank you!

Hi there!

Are you using more than 1 solver for your characters? If this is the case, and all of them are set up to simulate in local space, this message will pop up. It means that the colliders won't behave properly if colliding with particles in other solvers, and that you should use a separate collider for each solver (setting them in appropriate layers/phases).

If it's not causing any issues for you you can safely ignore it.