Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluid under pressure simulation
Hi,
congratulations for the plugin, it seems really great!
I'd like to use it for an educational project I have, where we need to show children how blood circulation works inside our body.
We want to develop a quick game where children have to connect "pipes" and then switch on the pump (heart) to see how circulation works in the circuit they built.
Do you think I could do something like this using Obi Fluid? Any idea / suggestion on how to do it? I don't have gravity to work with, but pressure.
I'm also wondering how I could build the pipes (artery veins) to let the fluid flow into.

Thank you very much for any reply.
bye
marco
(06-10-2017, 02:35 PM)capofalcone Wrote: Hi,
congratulations for the plugin, it seems really great!
I'd like to use it for an educational project I have, where we need to show children how blood circulation works inside our body.
We want to develop a quick game where children have to connect "pipes" and then switch on the pump (heart) to see how circulation works in the circuit they built.
Do you think I could do something like this using Obi Fluid? Any idea / suggestion on how to do it? I don't have gravity to work with, but pressure.
I'm also wondering how I could build the pipes (artery veins) to let the fluid flow into.

Thank you very much for any reply.
bye
marco

Hi Marco,

Depending on the level of realism you want to achieve, using actual fluid dynamics (Obi) for this might be overkill. Simply keeping a graph of the current artery/"pipe" connections and adding some kind of graphical effect (texture coord scrolling comes to mind) to show the blood flowing trough the veins would be both easier and much faster to implement, not to mention a lot more performant.

If you need semi-accurate pressure/vorticity calculations, then go with Obi. vein colliders should be implemented as prefabs using EdgeColliders (if 2D) or MeshColliders (if 3D).

cheers,