Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relation beteewn emitter scale, radius scale and emitter radius
Hi,
i was wondering of which relationship there is beetwen these 3 parameters,
i need to scale the emitter to a bottle but everytime i touch one parameter all my work perish because the liquid is totally fucked up, nothing works even if i do that on the faucet test scene.
The point is, i'm sure i'm doing something wrong i'm totaly new on unity, but how i can obtain the same result i have in the faucet test scene in a smaller scale?
(06-10-2017, 10:39 AM)Claudio80 Wrote: Hi,
i was wondering of which relationship there is beetwen these 3 parameters,
i need to scale the emitter to a bottle but everytime i touch one parameter all my work perish because the liquid is totally fucked up, nothing works even if i do that on the faucet test scene.
The point is, i'm sure i'm doing something wrong i'm totaly new on unity, but how i can obtain the same result i have in the faucet test scene in a smaller scale?

- Emitter scale: Scales (multiplies) the emitter radius.
- Emitter radius: Changes the radius of the emitter shape (only for disk and sphere shaped emitters). Larger radii will cause the emitter to spawn more particles, in order to fill its area/volume with the amount of particles required to keep a constant flow.
- Radius scale (ObiParticleRenderer): Changes the size at which particles are drawn. Values larger than 1 draw particles larger than they really are, values < 1 draw them smaller. This does not affect the actual simulation scale (i.e. physical size) of the particles.

As you can see none of these three affect the actual size of the fluid particles. To control the resolution of your fluid, change the "resolution" parameter of your fluid material. This will automatically set the radius and mass of your particles to keep a constant density. So higher resolution values mean more particles per volume unit, lower resolution values will yield less particles per volume unit. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...rials.html

So in a smaller scene, you'll need higher resolution fluid.