Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth Lag When Using World-Space Mode [Solved]
Sonrisa 
Issue: Cloth lags behind character movement a bit when the Solver is set to World-Space, and FixedUpdate modes both. I get terrible performance from using multiple local-space solvers(not sure why), so I've wanted to shove everything through one world-space solvers.

As I was writing this, I realized that my character script updates movement in Update(), instead of FixedUpdate(). That was the problem. But I figured I'd finish writing this in-case anyone else has this issue. Ángel

I didn't see this in the documentation, so this might be something to add on the Solver page. Lengua
(03-10-2017, 11:54 AM)virtushda Wrote: Issue: Cloth lags behind character movement a bit when the Solver is set to World-Space, and FixedUpdate modes both. I get terrible performance from using multiple local-space solvers(not sure why), so I've wanted to shove everything through one world-space solvers.

As I was writing this, I realized that my character script updates movement in Update(), instead of FixedUpdate(). That was the problem. But I figured I'd finish writing this in-case anyone else has this issue.  Ángel

I didn't see this in the documentation, so this might be something to add on the Solver page.  Lengua

Alternatively, you can set the solver's update mode to "Late Update", and keep your character's movement in Update(). That should work too.

thanks for pointing out the omission in the docs!