Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Multiple Errors When Starting A New Project
Well, when I drop the obi folder into a blank project I get like.. seven errors. I did this because the unity project provided to me by my employer also had these errors. I was initially hoping it was something to do with this: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ctors.html

But I did not even have the Obi option in my object creation selection.

It's acting strangely because it's saying the ObiBone can not override methods in the ObiActor. Maybe something simple like a name space error, reference lost or something like that. But upon inspection the ObiActor in fact did not have the methods ObiBone was trying to override. 

I am not sure if the are mixed up from different versions or what and without having developed it, and with the massive amount of logic contained, I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this. I am already like seven days behind schedule for personal reasons and I would like to complete this aspect of the project as soon as possible because I think the other components might be very simple.

I hope I have provided enough information in the screen shot and actual .cs files. If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

.cs   ObiActor.cs (Size: 34.26 KB / Downloads: 0)

.cs   ObiBone.cs (Size: 9.15 KB / Downloads: 0)
(12-01-2020, 11:46 PM)GrimCaplan Wrote:
Well, when I drop the obi folder into a blank project I get like.. seven errors. I did this because the unity project provided to me by my employer also had these errors. I was initially hoping it was something to do with this: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ctors.html

But I did not even have the Obi option in my object creation selection.

It's acting strangely because it's saying the ObiBone can not override methods in the ObiActor. Maybe something simple like a name space error, reference lost or something like that. But upon inspection the ObiActor in fact did not have the methods ObiBone was trying to override. 

I am not sure if the are mixed up from different versions or what and without having developed it, and with the massive amount of logic contained, I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this. I am already like seven days behind schedule for personal reasons and I would like to complete this aspect of the project as soon as possible because I think the other components might be very simple.

I hope I have provided enough information in the screen shot and actual .cs files. If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Hi,

The ObiBone.cs file has been removed quite a few versions ago (Obi 3.X if I remember correctly), so it shouldn't even be there. It seems to me like you have different versions mixed up in the same project/Obi folder.

If you have access to the Obi package you need to use, simply remove the /Obi folder from your project and reinstall. That's probably the easiest fix. Also, if you have an invoice number I can provide a fresh package for any version you require (simply write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com stating your invoice number and the version you need).

An alternative would be removing the ObiBone.cs script, and see what happens. That could probably uncover more errors, though.

kind regards,
Corazón 
Thank you very much, Jose. I will ask my employer to provide a fresh download.