Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  How to avoid jitter?
When the rope contact with other colliders, the rope jittered sometimes.How's that and how to sovle this?
(19-12-2019, 11:33 AM)yyxymlove Wrote: When the rope contact with other colliders, the rope jittered sometimes.How's that and how to sovle this?

Depends on what type of colliders you're talking about, and the overall situation. Could be caused by insufficient collision iterations, using sequential mode for collision iterations...etc. If you could be more specific I would be able to offer more help.

Here you can find a thorough description of how collisions work and why jittering can appear:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html
(19-12-2019, 12:30 PM)josemendez Wrote: Depends on what type of colliders you're talking about, and the overall situation. Could be caused by insufficient collision iterations, using sequential mode for collision iterations...etc. If you could be more specific I would be able to offer more help.

Here you can find a thorough description of how collisions work and why jittering can appear:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...sions.html
I think this may be the reason: As a rod with elastic moves within a cavity, it will collide with the wall, then the partical moves inside under contact force. But then the partical moves outside again under the control of elastic force of itself, and repeatedly move inside through contact force, do the loop all the time,never convergent.... how to solve this problem?
(20-12-2019, 02:25 AM)yyxymlove Wrote: I think this may be the reason: As a rod with elastic moves within a cavity, it will collide with the wall, then the partical moves inside under contact force. But then the partical moves outside again under the control of elastic force of itself, and repeatedly move inside through contact force, do the loop all the time,never convergent.... how to solve this problem?

If there's only 1 contact point per particle, this should never happen.
If there's multiple contact points, if all or most of them direct the particle towards the same direction, should also never happen.

Only way for jittering to happen indefinitely is for multiple contact points to be facing each other, so that the particle gets caught up in the middle. Can you share a detailed description of your situation, maybe a picture or a video?