Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use with other render pipelines like Light Weight, High Def, or Universal RP
Is there a way to use other pipeline materials so they work with the functionality in all the Obi packages or change the materials to work? I just got all the Obi assets and tried the Fluid examples but they don't seem to like working in other pipelines since they have their own shaders defined, they show up as missing material purple. I'm going to assume that all of the Obi assets will have to be tweaked to work with these Pipelines, I also assumed this would work out of the box regardless.
(13-12-2019, 07:16 PM)Benobi Wrote: Is there a way to use other pipeline materials so they work with the functionality in all the Obi packages or change the materials to work? I just got all the Obi assets and tried the Fluid examples but they don't seem to like working in other pipelines since they have their own shaders defined, they show up as missing material purple. I'm going to assume that all of the Obi assets will have to be tweaked to work with these Pipelines, I also assumed this would work out of the box regardless.

Hi,

The only asset that uses custom rendering is Obi Fluid.

All other assets are render-pipeline agnostic and will work with any pipeline, the included sample materials (only used in the sample scenes) use the regular Standard shader and can be automatically converted by Unity when switching pipelines. Excerpt from the FAQ:

Quote:Does it support SRP (Scriptable Render Pipeline)?

Cloth, Rope and Softbodies support SRP out of the box, since they do not perform any custom rendering. Obi Fluid does include a custom rendering pipeline based on screen-space ellipsoid splatting, that currently offers experimental LWRP support.

Regarding the experimental LWRP fluid renderer, see:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...p?tid=1490

URP and HDRP support are on their way.