Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Fluid
Greetings! I want to buy this asset, but I don’t know what will be the performance. I would like to know the specifics of this asset. Interested in performance on a mobile phone.
(10-12-2019, 06:51 PM)sc00b Wrote: Greetings! I want to buy this asset, but I don’t know what will be the performance. I would like to know the specifics of this asset. Interested in performance on a mobile phone.

Hi!

It entirely depends on what you want to use it for. Can you provide some details about your use case?
(10-12-2019, 06:57 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

It entirely depends on what you want to use it for. Can you provide some details about your use case?

Well, I'm interested in filling the glass in the vertical direction, on the phone 5 SE. How much will the FPS fall if we use water pouring? We are only interested in the mechanics of this asset) nothing more)

(10-12-2019, 06:57 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAICNTkN...tu.be&t=28 that's what interests and https://youtu.be/Gude_1WJJDQ?t=22
(10-12-2019, 07:10 PM)sc00b Wrote: Well, I'm interested in filling the glass in the vertical direction, on the phone 5 SE. How much will the FPS fall if we use water pouring? We are only interested in the mechanics of this asset) nothing more)

Is it 2D, or 3D?
How much detail in the simulation do you need? This is a particle-based simulator, so more detail == more particles == less performance.
Can the glass be manipulated (moved around) by the user?
How detailed do you need rendering to be? (specular highlights, transparency, refraction, foam...)?
(10-12-2019, 07:15 PM)josemendez Wrote: Is it 2D, or 3D?
How much detail in the simulation do you need? This is a particle-based simulator, so more detail == more particles == less performance.
Can the glass be manipulated (moved around) by the user?
How detailed do you need rendering to be? (specular highlights, transparency, refraction, foam...)?

7a7622802442dc0592c39878c98a5839.jpg and 84ef2738-c8fa-49cf-bcfe-dcf8f46673bc.jpg the result is something like this, dense, we don’t need glare, glow, foam) just convey the pouring out of a dense liquid. 3D scene, if you are talking about it)
(10-12-2019, 07:20 PM)sc00b Wrote: 7a7622802442dc0592c39878c98a5839.jpg the result is something like this, dense, we don’t need glare, glow, foam) just convey the pouring out of a dense liquid. 3D scene, if you are talking about it)

Hi,

3D fluids generally need more particles, and the amount of neighborhood of each particle is also much larger. Also, 3D rendering is much more expensive than simple 2D rendering as it has to deal with scene depth testing and accurate light absorption.

We've been able to simulate around 1000 particles in 2D in an iPhone 4S @ 60 fps, around 1800 in an iPhone 7 (2D too). The amount of 3D particles had to be kept below 700 for acceptable performance. Whether or not this is enough for your purposes depends on the amount of detail you need in the fluid.

Many more parameters affect the performance: fluid compressibility, simulation timestep, etc. So it depends a lot on the specific details of your use case.
(10-12-2019, 07:27 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

3D fluids generally need more particles, and the amount of neighborhood of each particle is also much larger. Also, 3D rendering is much more expensive than simple 2D rendering as it has to deal with scene depth testing and accurate light absorption.

We've been able to simulate around 1000 particles in 2D in an iPhone 4S @ 60 fps, around 1800 in an iPhone 7 (2D too). The amount of 3D particles had to be kept below 700 for acceptable performance.  Whether or not this is enough for your purposes depends on the amount of detail you need in the fluid.

Many more parameters affect the performance: fluid compressibility, simulation timestep, etc. So it depends a lot on the specific details of your use case.

Could you show an example of 2D? How visually it looks so that I can understand. We will just have a 3D glass in which you need to pour the liquid, visually it will be like 2D. And another question, can we increase the size of the particles so that not a small jet is, but larger?