Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  filo cable simulator
Hello, 
I just bought the asset of filo cable simulator, I have added some objects that are a cable reels and do not know how to do it so that the rope is rolled and unrolled on the cable reel object?
attached drawing to make the spool look, if necessary send the project.
Best regards, Víctor.
(25-11-2019, 04:00 PM)runtimevic Wrote: Hello, 
I just bought the asset of filo cable simulator, I have added some objects that are a cable reels and do not know how to do it so that the rope is rolled and unrolled on the cable reel object?
attached drawing to make the spool look, if necessary send the project.
Best regards, Víctor.

Hello, 
any serious help to be thanked?
Best regards, Víctor.
(26-11-2019, 11:52 AM)runtimevic Wrote: Hello, 
any serious help to be thanked?
Best regards, Víctor.

Hi Victor,

This forum is for Obi products only, for Filo support you should write to filo(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.

For convenience I will answer you directly here: to create a spool, set the cable link type to "Hybrid" as described in the documentation. You also have several spool samples in the included sample scenes that you can use as reference.

kind regards,
(26-11-2019, 12:13 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi Victor,

This forum is for Obi products only, for Filo support you should write to filo(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.

For convenience I will answer you directly here: to create a spool, set the cable link type to "Hybrid" as described in the documentation. You also have several spool samples in the included sample scenes that you can use as reference.

kind regards,

Hello josemendez:

.- I can't find the support page of filo cable simulator, if you can put the link to me?

.- where is the documentation of filo cable simulator?
kind regards,
(26-11-2019, 01:36 PM)runtimevic Wrote: Hello josemendez:

.- I can't find the support page of filo cable simulator, if you can put the link to me?

.- where is the documentation of filo cable simulator?
kind regards,

Hi,

- The support email is filo(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. There's no support forum for Filo as of now.
- The documentation is included with the asset, the file is called QuickstartGuide.pdf.
(26-11-2019, 01:45 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

- The support email is filo(at)virtualmethodstudio.com. There's no support forum for Filo as of now.
- The documentation is included with the asset, the file is called QuickstartGuide.pdf.

Hi, 
.- Cable
Dynamic Split/Merge:
Enabling this allows the cable to dynamically add/remove links when needed. New
links will be generated when the cable intersects a body (this intersection test uses a
Raycast, so make sure the body has a Collider). Links with negative stored cable
(these that should no longer be in contact with the cable) will be removed.
Looseness Scale:
Percentage of actual cable length visualized when the cable is not completely tense. A
value of 0 will ensure cables look straight at all times. Larger values will use the
catenary equation to represent cable slack.
Max Loose Cable:
Maximum length of loose cable visualized per segment when the cable is not
completely tense. The actual cable length is frst clamped so that it does not exceed
MaxLooseCable, then multiplied by LoosenessScale.
Vertical Curlyness:
Number of waves used to draw loose vertical cables.
Vertical Threshold:
Maxiumum distance between the two links at the ends of a cable segment to consider
the cable is vertical. This distance is measured as the distance between the projection
of both tangent/attachment points on the XZ plane.
Links:
List of objects linked by the cable. The order in which they appear in the list is the
order in which the cable will pass trough them. You can add, remove or drag links to a
new position in the list.
There's four diferent link types:
• Attachment: The cable will be frmly attached to two points defned in the
body's local space: “In Anchor” and “Out Anchor”. Its “Spawn Speed”
determines the length of cable generated (or consumed, if negative) per
second.
Hybrid: A certain length of cable will be rolled around the body, simulating a
spool. Once the cable is completely unrolled, the link will behave as an
attachment.
• Rolling: The cable will be rolled around the body, but not attached to it.
• Pinhole: The cable will be able to slide trough two points defned in the body's
local space: “In Anchor” and “Out Anchor”.

.- Can I send the unity app to see if they can make me roll the cable into the reel I imported as an object?

best regards, Víctor.
(26-11-2019, 03:02 PM)runtimevic Wrote: Hi, 
.- Cable
Dynamic Split/Merge:
Enabling this allows the cable to dynamically add/remove links when needed. New
links will be generated when the cable intersects a body (this intersection test uses a
Raycast, so make sure the body has a Collider). Links with negative stored cable
(these that should no longer be in contact with the cable) will be removed.
Looseness Scale:
Percentage of actual cable length visualized when the cable is not completely tense. A
value of 0 will ensure cables look straight at all times. Larger values will use the
catenary equation to represent cable slack.
Max Loose Cable:
Maximum length of loose cable visualized per segment when the cable is not
completely tense. The actual cable length is frst clamped so that it does not exceed
MaxLooseCable, then multiplied by LoosenessScale.
Vertical Curlyness:
Number of waves used to draw loose vertical cables.
Vertical Threshold:
Maxiumum distance between the two links at the ends of a cable segment to consider
the cable is vertical. This distance is measured as the distance between the projection
of both tangent/attachment points on the XZ plane.
Links:
List of objects linked by the cable. The order in which they appear in the list is the
order in which the cable will pass trough them. You can add, remove or drag links to a
new position in the list.
There's four diferent link types:
• Attachment: The cable will be frmly attached to two points defned in the
body's local space: “In Anchor” and “Out Anchor”. Its “Spawn Speed”
determines the length of cable generated (or consumed, if negative) per
second.
Hybrid: A certain length of cable will be rolled around the body, simulating a
spool. Once the cable is completely unrolled, the link will behave as an
attachment.
• Rolling: The cable will be rolled around the body, but not attached to it.
• Pinhole: The cable will be able to slide trough two points defned in the body's
local space: “In Anchor” and “Out Anchor”.

.- Can I send the unity app to see if they can make me roll the cable into the reel I imported as an object?

best regards, Víctor.
Hi,

best regards, Víctor.
(27-11-2019, 08:55 AM)runtimevic Wrote: Hi,

best regards, Víctor.

Hi Victor,

Sure. Send it to filo(at)virtualmethodstudio.com.