Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avoid softbody getting stuck in the wall
When dragging with the particle dragger, the objects get stuck in the wall. I increased the solver collision evaluations to 10 but it still happens. Any clue?
(14-11-2019, 10:18 AM)manurocker95 Wrote: When dragging with the particle dragger, the objects get stuck in the wall. I increased the solver collision evaluations to 10 but it still happens. Any clue?

If you're forcing the particles to go trough a wall by dragging them into it, there's nothing you can do to prevent them from getting stuck.

If particles go trough the wall without you explicitly forcing them to (for example, due to their velocity/inertia), you are experiencing tunneling, which is very common in game engines. The usual fixes for tunneling are:

- Increase the thickness of the wall.
- Limit the velocity of particles (by increasing damping, for instance).
- Reduce the physics timestep.

Increasing the iteration count won't make any effect (if anything, it will worsen the situation because it will make it harder for particles to un-stuck themselves), because all iterations happen in the current timestep.
(14-11-2019, 10:28 AM)josemendez Wrote: If you're forcing the particles to go trough a wall by dragging them into it, there's nothing you can do to prevent them from getting stuck.

If particles go trough the wall without you explicitly forcing them to (for example, due to their velocity/inertia), you are experiencing tunneling, which is very common in game engines. The usual fixes for tunneling are:

- Increase the thickness of the wall.
- Limit the velocity of particles (by increasing damping, for instance).
- Reduce the physics timestep.

Increasing the iteration count won't make any effect (if anything, it will worsen the situation because it will make it harder for particles to un-stuck themselves), because all iterations happen in the current timestep.

I mean, not all particles get stuck, only one and it cannot get out, and it gets stuck even if I don't force it. Will try those