Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi does not handle the new Scene loading in 2019.3
Hi,

In case you guys are not aware of this, Obi does not handle well the new "Enter Play Mode without domain / scene reload" thing from Unity 2019.3 beta
Some obi colliders are skipped and sometimes the pins behave in an unstable way.

It seems to be caused by some static variables not being properly re-initialized

I tried to fix it by clearing the collider dictionary with a static method with the [RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod] attribute, but it's not working perfectly even with that.

Is there any other static referencing involved?

Thanks!
(12-11-2019, 11:09 PM)Bill Sansky Wrote: Hi,

In case you guys are not aware of this, Obi does not handle well the new "Enter Play Mode without domain / scene reload" thing from Unity 2019.3 beta
Some obi colliders are skipped and sometimes the pins behave in an unstable way.

It seems to be caused by some static variables not being properly re-initialized

I tried to fix it by clearing the collider dictionary with a static method with the [RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod] attribute, but it's not working perfectly even with that.

Is there any other static referencing involved?

Thanks!

Hi there,

We haven't even considered supporting it yet. There's quite some static information involved in collider / solver handling, so we will test it.

kind regards,
(13-11-2019, 08:16 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

We haven't even considered supporting it yet. There's quite some static information involved in collider / solver handling, so we will test it.

kind regards,

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick reply!

It would be great to support it because it massively improves the loading time for entering play (from 10s to less than 1 in my case) so I expect a lot of projects switching to this.

It kinda works when resetting the static collider dictionary, except after a recompile.