Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Obi 5 Release Date.
Hi Virtual Method!

First off, I love what you guys are doing! I was just wondering if you have an ETA on Obi 5 release? I'm currently working in the new Unity HDRP and am excited to be able to implement all the awesomeness of Obi to it! For the sake of my current project, I was just curious if there was even rough ETA? I'm just curious if its like a week off, a month off or 6 months off?

Any kind of estimation would be helpful in my current development planing stage haha!

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work!

-Nick
(06-11-2019, 01:30 AM)dodgevision Wrote: Hi Virtual Method!

First off, I love what you guys are doing! I was just wondering if you have an ETA on Obi 5 release? I'm currently working in the new Unity HDRP and am excited to be able to implement all the awesomeness of Obi to it! For the sake of my current project, I was just curious if there was even rough ETA? I'm just curious if its like a week off, a month off or 6 months off?

Any kind of estimation would be helpful in my current development planing stage haha!

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work!

-Nick

Hi Nick! thanks for your supportive words! Sonrisa

Should be out *really* soon. At this point we're running the beta with a few users and squashing as many bugs as we can before release. I cannot give an exact day of release, as it depends on how fast we reach the point where the known bugs are very minor. Getting there, though.

Anyway, all Obi products (except ObiFluid) currently support HDRP and LWRP as they are render-agnostic. Being physics engines, they do not perform any rendering themselves. They simply output a Mesh that is then rendered by Unity using whatever rendering pipeline is currently active.

Fluid does require a custom render system, that has been reimplemented for LWRP (now URP). Support for HDRP will be added later down in the 5.0 dev cycle, as rendering hooks for each pipeline are completely different.