Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird examples
I just purchased obi softbody and imported it into a new project.
Opening your examples give me this ugly scenes, attached.
can you explain to me what is wrong with my system?
you might understand, that this is not what I want to see...

well...whats wrong ?
(21-10-2019, 08:20 PM)klobber Wrote: I just purchased obi softbody and imported it into a new project.
Opening your examples give me this ugly scenes, attached.
can you explain to me what is wrong with my system?
you might understand, that this is not what I want to see...

well...whats wrong ?

You're using Unity 2019.1 or up, which is incompatible with meshes created in all previous versions of Unity, as they introduced a backwards-compatibility breaking change. Extract from Unity's change log:

Quote:Asset Import: Extended Optimize Mesh option on Model asset import settings to allow optimization of Vertex Order and Polygon Order to be controlled independently rather than both being controlled from the same flag. NOTE: Performance improvements to the underlying mesh optimization code may cause vertices to be generated in a different order than in previous Unity versions. If you rely on vertex ordering in the optimized mesh data such as for vertex painting be aware this data may need to be re-generated.

Simply re-generate the soft bodies (hit "Generate" in the ObiSoftbody component) and re-bind the skins (hit "BindSkin" in the ObiSoftbodySkinner component). Note that when creating your own softbodies in >2019.1, things will work just fine. It's only softbodies created in 2018.x that do not open up properly in 2019.

We are working on new sample scenes. Next update is currently in beta, should be out in a few weeks.
solved:
using bind skin on the Obi Softbody Skinner  Scripts did the trick