Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White foam
Hello!

Is it possible to let the fluid looks like white foam (fire extinguisher)?

Thanks!
Kalidor
(19-09-2017, 03:25 PM)Kalidor Wrote: Hello!

Is it possible to let the fluid looks like white foam (fire extinguisher)?

Thanks!
Kalidor

Yes! Use a regular Shuriken particle system and advect its particles using the ParticleAdvector component. See the "FluidSmoke" and "FluidFoam" scenes for an example on how to do this.

Also, the KarmanVortex scene advects regular particles trough a 2D fluid instead of a 3D one.
Could you give a more detailed instruction on how to do this?
I am trying many things in the both examples and can't get the color to be opaque white - Like milk...
(15-03-2018, 10:57 PM)corbinyo`` Wrote: Could you give a more detailed instruction on how to do this?
I am trying many things in the both examples and can't get the color to be opaque white - Like milk...

Hi,

Simply use an opaque material for the ObiFluidRenderer.

Obi includes an aptly named "OpaqueFluid" material for this. Replace the default "ClearFluid" material with this one in the ObiFluidRenderer inspector and you're done.

You might also want to use FluidColorOpaque as your color blending material, but this only matters if you have multiple fluids of different colors.

cheers,
(16-03-2018, 09:29 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Simply use an opaque material for the ObiFluidRenderer.

Obi includes an aptly named "OpaqueFluid" material for this. Replace the default "ClearFluid" material with this one in the ObiFluidRenderer inspector and you're done.

You might also want to use FluidColorOpaque as your color blending material, but this only matters if you have multiple fluids of different colors.

Note: increasing the clear fluid material's "Cloudiness" to a high value will also give you a opaque-like look.

cheers,
Hi, I tried to find what was quoted and I didn't find it, The ObiFluidRenderer in the Inspector didn't find the material option and in the case of the transparent material I didn't see Cloudiness either.
I'm using URP.

I appreciate your help
(09-08-2021, 06:19 PM)homero Wrote: Hi, I tried to find what was quoted and I didn't find it, The ObiFluidRenderer in the Inspector didn't find the material option and in the case of the transparent material I didn't see Cloudiness either.
I'm using URP.

I appreciate your help

Hi,

Separate opaque/transparent materials were available in a quite old version (4.0 if I recall correctly). Modern Obi has a single, versatile fluid renderer that allows you to simulate both opaque and transparent materials, as well as anything in between. For a detailed explanation of all renderer parameters, see the manual:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ering.html