Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Heavier" Cloth
Hey all,

Just started using Obi Cloth, and I'm loving it - it's working wonders. That said, I'm having trouble simulating what I would describe as a thicker/heavier cloth. Basically, even my big thick coats float around like tissues. Is there a way to make them feel like they have more weight and are thicker? I've tried:

- Playing with the weights of the points
- Playing with Aerodynamic Constraints (these have gotten me the closest so far, but everything still crumples to easily, and also if the settings are too high there's an increased likelyhood that the cloth just kind of goes nuts and explodes about).
- Playing with Bending Constraints (these don't seem to do anything at all).

Thanks!
(04-10-2019, 01:00 AM)Elliot Wrote: Hey all,

Just started using Obi Cloth, and I'm loving it - it's working wonders. That said, I'm having trouble simulating what I would describe as a thicker/heavier cloth. Basically, even my big thick coats float around like tissues. Is there a way to make them feel like they have more weight and are thicker? I've tried:

- Playing with the weights of the points
- Playing with Aerodynamic Constraints (these have gotten me the closest so far, but everything still crumples to easily, and also if the settings are too high there's an increased likelyhood that the cloth just kind of goes nuts and explodes about).
- Playing with Bending Constraints (these don't seem to do anything at all).

Thanks!

Hi,

Increase the solver's "damping" parameter a bit. It is defined the percentage of kinetic energy lost per second. It will make your cloth feel "thicker", like some sort of denim or leather.

-Bending constraints determine how much can the cloth bend (as the name implies), but won't affect its dynamics.
-Weight (mass) affects collision behavior when colliding with rigid bodies, but otherwise does not affect the dynamics (just like in real life, a cannonball and a feather will fall at the same speed in thin athmosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frZ9dN_ATew).
- Playing with aerodynamic parameters will increase the thickness of the athmosphere, but will not affect internal cloth dynamics.