Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Self Collisions auto-checks itself during Play
Hello,

I've been getting familiar with Obi Fluid and have found that all emitters in my scene, once I hit play, auto-check Self Collisions regardless of whether or not I have it turned off. This has been happening in the sample scenes, so at first I assumed it was because of a script, but have since tested it in other cases and it still occurs.

To recreate:
Make a new scene
Place an Obi Emitter and Solver in the scene.
Make sure Self Collisions is unchecked on the emitter.
Press play. The Self Collisions box is now rechecked.

Any help on permanently disabling Self Collisions on certain emitters would be appreciated.

Thanks!
(31-08-2019, 12:28 AM)Martian Wrote: Hello,

I've been getting familiar with Obi Fluid and have found that all emitters in my scene, once I hit play, auto-check Self Collisions regardless of whether or not I have it turned off. This has been happening in the sample scenes, so at first I assumed it was because of a script, but have since tested it in other cases and it still occurs.

To recreate:
Make a new scene
Place an Obi Emitter and Solver in the scene.
Make sure Self Collisions is unchecked on the emitter.
Press play. The Self Collisions box is now rechecked.

Any help on permanently disabling Self Collisions on certain emitters would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there,

This is 100% intentional. Fluids always need to self-collide, otherwise all particles would start behaving independently and you'd get a very messy result, looking nothing like fluid.

If this is what you're intentionally going for, try disabling density constraints in the solver. This will however affect all emitters using that solver.