Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth mesh explodes during an online cession
As I host the server with the old version of unity's multiplayer code (NetworkManager) my client's cloth meshes explode after some game time has passed (turn into abominable mess that cover the entire screen). How do I approach handling this problem.

Client does not have this issue on his side.
(13-08-2019, 11:18 AM)cubrman Wrote: As I host the server with the old version of unity's multiplayer code (NetworkManager) my client's cloth meshes explode after some game time has passed (turn into abominable mess that cover the entire screen). How do I approach handling this problem.

Client does not have this issue on his side.

Hi,

With zero details about how you've approached networking or your cloth setup,  I can't possibly figure out the cause (much less tell you how to fix it).
My entire character setup is in your posession. You should still have my project, or a link to it. I only changed simulation space to local and update type to "FixedUpdate" for the cloth (and set it to "Interpolate").

But anyway, I am more than willing to create a special project for you, where you will be able to host the server and track the problem.

Like I said - the networking is the standard Unity's NetworkManager. Dunno what else to say. No special code for cloth is being sent/received. Just NetworkManager. Unity creates a clone of the character for me, once somebody joins. Yeah one more thing. I had a NetworkTransform on the problematic character. Maybe today I will trest the game without it.
(13-08-2019, 01:18 PM)cubrman Wrote: My entire character setup is in your posession. You should still have my project, or a link to it. I only changed simulation space to local and update type to "FixedUpdate" for the cloth (and set it to "Interpolate").

But anyway, I am more than willing to create a special project for you, where you will be able to host the server and track the problem.

Like I said - the networking is the standard Unity's NetworkManager. Dunno what else to say. No special code for cloth is being sent/received. Just NetworkManager. Unity creates a clone of the character for me, once somebody joins. Yeah one more thing. I had a NetworkTransform on the problematic character. Maybe today I will trest the game without it.

The setup I have does not seem to include any networking functionality, so I cannot test any of this.

There must be some difference between the client and the server. If two systems are identical, they cannot behave in different ways, that's for sure. Let me know if removing the NetworkTransform makes any difference in behavior.
Surprisingly removing the NetworkTransform did the trick and fixed everything.

Btw, if you decide to check it: the project you have does indeed have the full network setup. All you need to do is to edit networkAdress and port in ZNetworkManager script, which sits on the GameController game object and you can immediately host a server with 'H' and join the server with 'C'.